Thursday, October 29, 2009

Germany



















Got a lift in Hermann´s van to a train station near Munich. Loaded the bike on the train and made it to Wurzburg a few hours later. Spent 2 nights in Wurzburg, one at an underground basement party with Lenny Holderhead and a whole lot of Germans that I didn´t know. Rode my bike from Wurzburg to Volcach the next day along the river Main for about 60kms, shaking my head at the decision to wear tight jeans. It drizzled rain most of the way, glad I had my new gloves though. Spent 3 nights in Volcach, a small village situated amongst vineyards on the river. Lenny showed me the vineyard he has been working on and gave me a tour of the wine cellar, where the magic happens. Had a taste of almost every wine that they produced and enjoyed the peace and quiet of German village life. Jumped back on the bike a few days later and rode into Bamberg, with autumn leaves falling all around me. A pretty city Bamberg. Found myself staying in a retirement village near a park for a good price. Each morning I shared breakfast with people who were around when Hitler was first manicuring ´that moustache´.

No comments:

Post a Comment