Saturday, November 21, 2009

Amsterdam and Haarlem







Stayed in Amsterdam for a few days with Sam, Nadia, Mark Z, Sarah and Lenny. Enjoyed spending the time with friends, as we wondered around the beautiful city. For those of you that have been reading this blog recently, you may have noticed that my long distance bike riding has come to an end. Once I saw snow I pretty much knew it was time to give myself and the bike a rest. I have enjoyed riding the bike around Holland though. Now this is a country that seems to put bikes before cars, buses and trucks - and it works. I rode from Haarlem to the Dutch coast and walked along the beach for a while, taking the time to contemplate the distance I have travelled, the places I have seen and the good people I have met over the past 6 months. I stayed with a friend in Haarlem for a few days (thanks Nico!) and it rained most of the time I was there. A good opportunity to stay inside and read some more books and prepare myself for 10 days in Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment