Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lake District, England

After a glorious night's sleep in Fort William, I ventured back to Glasgow for another terrible night's sleep at the hostel. Before bed I caught local act Punch and the Apostles at a local bar/dungeon. They only played 1 song, it went for 45 minutes though so the £3 admission wasn't a complete waste. There were periods of up to 5 minutes during that 45 minute song of the gentle sounds of feedback, nothing else, just a kind of irritating buzzing sound like someone forgot to turn their amp off. Thankfully there was a visual presentation accompanying the 1 song featuring images of the colour black to push things along.

I caught a train to the Lake District the next morning, a place called Ambleside was my exact destination. I then got lost for about an hour before asking Tourist Information where the nearest campsite was. 4 miles and about 1 hour of walking later, I pitched my tent by Lake Windermere. 2 nights there and then Sally, Dave and Theo drove up from Manchester and met me at the campground. It was great to finally meet my new nephew Theo and see Sally and Dave again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh-oh sounds like you ran into an avant garde gothabilly band, rough

    ReplyDelete