Thursday, June 25, 2009

Manchester & Belfast



Spent a week in Manchester staying with Sally, Dave and baby Theo.  It was a really relaxing week, had plenty of good night's sleep and delicious home cooked meals.  Saw a bit of Manchester, all of which I liked.  Myself and 3 complete strangers caught the film Looking For Eric at the cinema, I was pleasantly surprised, it was good.  Also spent a few hours walking in the Peak District which was great.

Flew into Belfast a few days ago to catch up with Dan Toner.  It was fantastic to see the man also known as Danny Newry and to also meet Kristina for the first time.  2 quality nights later I'm back in London, preparing for the bike ride.  Tomorrow I'll pick up my bike, a Ridgeback Voyage.  It will be complete with 2 panniers, water bottle, a smaller front bag, a big heavy D Lock and a dent.  I got it for a bit of a discount with the dent, I think it adds character.  It's more of a dimple than a dent anyway, it's a beauty spot.  The big ride will start this Friday morning - riding from London to Dover first before catching a ferry across to France and then riding south west to the city of Tours for Danny and Sonia's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Slow Ride,
    I'll be in France during August...It would be nice to join you on a stretch of your ride or to meet somewhere, if it matches your schedule. I'll be in Paris most of the time, but have also trips planned to the south.
    All the best for your trip--
    Andy Unreading

    ReplyDelete