Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Scotland

Spent a couple of nights in Edinburgh recently. Walked around most of the time admiring the castle. Watched a film called Sleep (or Sleeping) Furiously, a Welsh film based on observations of rural farm practises and village life. Not too bad. Lots of tourists in Edinburgh. Jumped on a train to Glasgow and checked into a Youth Hostel. I preferred Glasgow, it reminded me a lot more of Melbourne. Went to see Eric Bogle live only to be told that his show was sold out, that was a shame. Had the worst sleep in living memory at the Youth Hostel, every bed creaked, every body snored and the sun came shining through the window at about 4.30am. I slept about 2 hours and couldn't wait to get on the train and begin my walk in the Scottish Highlands to Fort William, the West Highland Way. I generally sleep better in a tent anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment