Sunday, September 20, 2009

Naples











A gritty, noisy city with a hidden beauty, I stayed in Naples for 2 nights recently. Brilliant museums, palaces and castles are scattered all over the city. Narrow dark lanes dominate the old city, lots of pizzerias too as this is home to the Margherita. I will return to discover some more treasures here, far less tourists than Rome due to Naples bad reputation for muggings. So far so good for me though. I was given the task of driving a car through the city a few days ago, which was an experience, with scooters flying past, cars swerving in and out between other cars and lots of horn tooting.

2 comments:

  1. Jaysus, you've a way with words Jeremiah. Naples sounds class. If I have money again I'll be pointing my nose that way. Good news from the Redders camp all in all, though another flag would have been nice I'm sure. You gonna catch the GF anywhere in Naples you think? Maybe back to Rome to that nightclub for a lock-in yeah?
    Keep well brother.
    Newron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to the Reds to get back into C Grade. I will be watching the GF from a hotel in Milazzo, Sicily. 5am kick off for me. Cats by 35 points, Ablett BOG.

    ReplyDelete